The Salesforce Summer ’23 Release Notes are out and we’ve been combing through them to see how these changes will affect our clients and readers. This post includes what you’ll need to know as a Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (Pardot) admin or user.
Salesforce Summer ‘23 Release Feature #1
Probably the new release feature I am most excited about, an Account Engagement Connector for Data Cloud! This connector will allow you to pull in Data Cloud segments via Account Engagement Dynamic Lists, allowing you to not only market directly to your Data Cloud customers, but also reap the benefits of Data Cloud’s unified view of customer data to help support your ABM initiatives.
Salesforce Summer ‘23 Release Feature #2
If you have multiple Account Engagement Business Units (BUs), then you probably know the pain of keeping universal assets exactly the same across all of your BUs. The Summer ‘23 release is hoping to make that pain point a thing of the past by enabling Salesforce Flow to replicate assets across BUs. This new feature will allow for replication of custom fields, email templates, engagement studio programs, files, and custom redirects! Keep an eye out for a follow up post on this, I can’t wait to try it and share some tips and tricks with all of you.
Salesforce Summer ‘23 Release Feature #3
Back in the Winter ‘23 release, Salesforce announced they were doing away with the “Most Recently Updated” sync behavior option for Account Engagement’s “Opt Out” field. However, after hearing from the community, this change is being rolled back. So, if you didn’t prepare for this change, your procrastination has paid off! Just keep in mind new business units created after October 18th, 2023 will have the Opt Out sync behavior set to “Use Account Engagement” by default.
Salesforce Summer ‘23 Release Feature #4
External Actions, which allow Account Engagement to send data to 3rd Party Applications, will now be available in Completion Actions. Now you can easily register a prospect for an event in a 3rd Party system upon form fill, or even send them a text as a completion action.
Salesforce Summer ‘23 Release Feature #5
Account Engagement Optimizer is moving from Beta to Generally Available! Optimizer provides easy ways to clean up your Account Engagement org but pinpointing potential issues. With the move to Generally Available, Optimizer has a couple of additional metrics, including:
- Configuration Issues: diagnose problems that are blocking access to features
- Performance Improvement Measures: display good measures so you can see what is working well in the Business Unit
- Prospect Change Monitor: understand which features result in the most prospect changes for your Business Unit
A Few Other Summer ‘23 Updates
- Quickly convert Dynamic Lists to Static Lists
- Trust.pardot.com moved to status.salesforce.com as of May 1st
- Tracking cookies are added retroactively when a prospect confirms tracking consent
- Print Count and Forward Count is being removed from the Email Interaction reporting
- Lightning Email Builder will align images in columns evenly
Which Salesforce Summer ‘23 new release feature are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments!