Are you already a Salesforce Certified Pardot Specialist? Do you have around 12 months or more of hands-on experience implementing and administering the Pardot Lightning App and Salesforce platform? The next step in your Pardot certification journey is to take the Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant exam.
In this post, I share how I prepared for the exam, what study resources I used and share the flashcards I created to pass the exam.
How I prepared for the exam
First, I reviewed the Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant exam guide and highlighted the concepts that I’m not very familiar with.
Once I identified what concepts I needed to study, I put together a list of resources for each topic. These included blog posts, release notes and knowledgebase articles.
B2B Marketing Analytics resources
- B2BMA Implementation Guide
- B2B Marketing Analytics help docs
- Get Started with B2B Marketing Analytics Trailhead module
- Set Up B2B Marketing Analytics Trailhead module
- What is B2B Marketing Analytics? blog post from The Drip
- Pardot Analytics Explained: B2B Marketing Analytics App blog post from Marcloud Consulting
Pardot Business Units resources
- Managing Pardot Business Units help doc
- Pardot Business Units: Everything you need to know blog post by Clever Touch
- What Are Pardot Business Units? – Overview and Limitations blog post by The Drip
- Pardot Business Units FAQ blog post
- Simple! Your 7 Step Guide to Mastering Pardot Business Units blog post by Cultivate Automation
Salesforce Engage resources
Pardot Einstein resources
- Pardot Einstein FAQ
- Pardot Einstein: Scoring and Insights help docs
- Complete Overview of Pardot Einstein Features blog post by The Drip
I read through all the resources and created a flashcard for any term or concept that I needed to study.
Refreshing my knowledge on other core concepts
I also refreshed my knowledge of core concepts that were in the exam outline. I reviewed all the modules within the Prepare for your Pardot Specialist Credential Trailmix again. Since I completed the Trailmix a while ago, there were several new modules. I completed the remaining modules and reviewed all the modules I completed previously. I couldn’t figure out how to view the practice questions at the end of each module since they were already completed, so I opened up an incognito window to view them. I added those questions to my flashcards as well.
Lastly, I skimmed through the Salesforce Help Docs to study any remaining topics that weren’t covered in the Trailmix.
- Review the exam outline and highlight the topics you aren’t familiar with. Focus the majority of your studying efforts on those topics.
- Create a list of resources that cover your selected topics.
- Create your own set of flashcards to study.
- Review all Pardot Trailhead modules – even the topics you’re familiar with.
- Review the Pardot Help Docs
How did you study for the Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant Exam?
Leave a comment below to share your tips and resources.